Boats should be cleaned regularly to maintain their appearance and prevent damage from salt, dirt, and other contaminants. The frequency of cleaning depends on the type of boat, how often it is used, and the environment it is in. Generally, it is recommended to clean a boat every 4 to 12 weeks. It is important to not leave your boat’s hull uncleaned for more than three months. However, boats that are stored in saltwater, or are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, may need to be cleaned more often. It is also important to follow manufacturer’s guidelines for specific cleaning and maintenance procedures.
The frequency with which you need to clean your boat depends on several factors, including:
- Usage: Boats that are used more frequently will require more regular cleaning to remove salt, dirt, and other contaminants that accumulate on the boat’s surface.
- Environment: Boats that are used in saltwater or harsh environmental conditions will require more regular cleaning to prevent damage from salt buildup, UV exposure, and other contaminants.
- Type of boat: Different types of boats may require different cleaning frequencies depending on the materials they are made of and the level of maintenance they require.
- Storage: Boats that are stored in the water or left uncovered will accumulate more dirt and debris and will require more regular cleaning to prevent damage.
- Manufacturer’s recommendations: It is important to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for specific cleaning and maintenance procedures to ensure the longevity of your boat.
Beach to Bay Dive Services started in early 2019 as a commercial dive service. Our team continues to provide our customers with the peace of mind knowing that each boat bottom cleaning will be performed correctly from conception to completion at a fair cost. Our reputation has been and continues to be our best advertisement. Recently, Beach to Bay Dive Services has transitioned to Beach to Bay Divers and Pools. Our experienced pool technicians provide a level of service and repairs that assure our pool customers have that same peace of mind as our dive service.